Most wealth planners are skeptical when it comes to speculative investments like cryptocurrencies – let alone nonfungible tokens (NFTs). Yet, executives in the cryptocurrency and NFT space argue that this growing source of wealth – as well as the tech-enabled medium of exchanges that makes that wealth possible – shouldn’t be ignored. With the excitement of digital assets approaching a fever pitch, and the discussion of their future in investment portfolios growing more serious, it’s time to examine the trends and opportunities that will bring crypto and NFTs to the mainstream.
Join us for this timely webinar as our panelists review the basics of cryptocurrency and NFTs, including:
- How to set up a cryptocurrency account and purchase NFTs
- Investment considerations and tax treatment of these assets
- Planning implications when clients have cryptocurrency and/or NFTs as part of their estates
- How clients can incorporate cryptocurrency into their charitable giving
- What certain states are doing to handle concerns regarding custody of cryptocurrency.
James H. Cundiff
McDermott, Will & Emery
Gilfix & La Poll Associates LLP
Susan Lipp – Moderator
Editor in Chief
Trusts & Estates